- 680 g. (3 cups) cashew milk or light coconut milk
- 5 tbsp. agar agar flakes or 2 1/2 Tbsp. powder
- 38 g. evaporated cane juice
- 1 vanilla bean or 1
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the extract, using a whisk to stir and distribute everything evenly.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring often.
3. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook, siting constantly, for about 10 minutes, or until the agar has fully dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
4. Chill the mixture for 2-4 hours, or until completely cold and fully set firm.
5. Break the set milk mixture into chunks and place in a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until a smooth, creamy, thick mixture forms. Chill until ready to use.